Thursday, October 5, 2017

Independent Project



Image result for mexican pop artImage result for chicano art loteriaRelated image


For my independent project, I decided to follow the Chicano Art Movement which is predominantly seen more in California and Texas. Chicano Art was heavily influenced by the Chicano Movement that started around the 1960s and expressed social, political and cultural issues that the community faced. Throughout the movement, Chicanos have used art to emphasize the importance of family, tradition, and honor whether it be for protesting or aesthetic value. There are various ways I can approach my project but the main themes include love & death, tradition & revolution, and identity. I'm unsure of which path I'll take yet but a form of Chicano pop art will be involved. I'm very excited for this project because of my deep connection with my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment