Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fauvism

The artist I was drawn to the most from the article about Fauvism is Henry Matisse. I found his background very interesting. His introduction to art was during his recovery from an illness. Matisse was an important part of the Fauvism movement. The painting that stood out to me among his other paintings is the Women with a Hat, which is a painting of his wife. I liked this painting because of the vibrant colors and the brushwork. I like the precision in the face and how the rest of her body and the background was painted freely with different patterns and a mixture of colors. I also found it interesting how in the description it includes her having a gloved hand holding a paper fan because when I look at the painting it all blends in as a part of her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment