Wednesday, September 6, 2017

TED Talk

After watching Genevieve Von Petzinger's TED talk , I finally came to understand how art is a visual communication and how it has been for centuries now. Now, before watching the TED talk , I never really saw art as a way of  communicating with somebody . I saw art as just a drawing that someone did as an enjoyment.  However, this was an actual way how individuals communicated back then and still do till this day.



 

Now I chose this picture by Jean Michel Basquait because it really spoke to me. The king like figure in the painting can represent so many things. In my opinion it's a relation to gang violence and the neighborhood he grew up in which was NYC. Not only gang violence, but it shows gang violence from a negative perspective with color choice he went with. Just through the king figure one can quickly see that when he was painting this he was experiencing anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment