Wednesday, September 6, 2017

TED Talk

I really thought that this piece, Riding With Death, by Jean Michel Basquait stuck out to me because of the time that it was created. When reading about Basquait, I learned that he created this piece only months before his death and I don't know if it could be related to how he was feeling at the time. I thought that his work closely related to the TED video that we watched in class because he uses symbols, lines, and doodles to communicate which is a similar style of communication that were found in the caves. It is almost as if Basquait was communicating through his paintings that he was "fighting with death" as depicted in this piece and just how the TED video stated people back then would communicate. His work almost seems as if a child is doodling but I think it is unique and creative. I thought that the TED video was extremely interesting and it was very fascinating to know that people are out there uncovering what people back then were trying to say. To see that they have deciphered so many symbols was riveting and I can only imagine what else can be uncovered in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment