Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Michelangelo Caravaggio

 

Michelangelo Caravaggio is truly an inspiration. Before watching the video on his paintings, I never heard of him. His art techniques caught me by surprised. I never heard of an artist not sketching before he starts to paint, but he does it and his art work looks amazing . Not sketching and going directly into painting would be the most difficult thing to do for me , but when you look at his work one may quickly think that he sketches first because of his perfection with his paintings. The painting I chose is called Judith Beheading Holofernes and I chose this painting because the painting looks like it's down to earth because his paintings perceive a sense of his own reality. His choice of dark and light colors reflects deeply on the importance of the subject. He has the tendency of using more light and using lighter colors on the the important part of the paintings and using dark colors to blur out what he feels is less important in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment