Wednesday, September 6, 2017

TED TALK

After watching Genevieve Von Petzinger's TED talk I learned something new. I learned that a painting is a way of visually communicating. I found this extremely interesting. I knew paintings showed expression and beauty but I didn't realize it was a form of communication. 



Jean Michel Basquiat  paintings are so meaningful and intriguing. I chose the painting Boy and dog in a Johnnypump  above because the expression in it is different than anything I have seen before. I imagine as Basquiat painted this, he was not in the best mood because the figures do not look happy.  The boy figure looks like he is in disbelief and in pain. The way the orange, yellow and red paint blends together looks like a fire. In this painting I see a boy and his dog on fire and are in front of a johnnypump( hydrant) trying to put out the fire. They seem extremely frazzled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment