Thursday, November 2, 2017

Vincent van Gogh


Although we had only seen a short clip of the movie about Vincent van Gogh I really enjoyed it. I am a little familiar with his work since taking a painting class last semester. Vincent van Gogh is a post impressionalist and his paintings reflect a unique twist that I find extremely interesting. For instance, in this painting, Bedroom in Arles, the entire room is at a strange angle. The distortion was purposeful. The colors that van Gogh used are also very striking and from my research I learned that the colors were supposed to be different (including a purple) but over time the colors faded. This painting of Vincent van Gogh's bedroom seems to me that he had a sense of tranquility. He also wrote a letter to his brother stating why he chose these colors stating he wanted to express repose.

No comments:

Post a Comment