Thursday, November 30, 2017

John Currin














I chose this John Currin painting because I thought the perspective was very unique. It still follows his theme of controversy with the naked women however, I feel that it is portrayed in a different way than many of his other works. In respect to the angle and convex appearance. I think that the texture and tone in the painting is very realistic, but it is seen through an unrealistic portioned mirror which I find  really interesting. John Currin is an American painter born in 1962 and his main theme through his paintings is provocative sexual and social scenes. This theme is portrayed in this painting not only because the woman is naked, but because he puts exaggerated emphasis on her bottom. I really like the techniques he uses however, many of these paintings I would not be hanging in my home, but they are interesting to view.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment