Thursday, August 31, 2017

Introduction: How to look at a painting

After reading the textbook I realized I just looked at a painting without seeing many of the details. I guess you can say I just used my sight but I wasn't insightful. I never truly knew how to view a painting until now. After reading the text I learned there are many ways to view art.












This painting is by Iris Scott and is named The Shaking Wet Dog. This painting is created with oil paints and the painter used her fingers. I chose this painting because of all the vibrant colors it caught my eye. I found it very interesting how the painter chose to make the rain colorful even the puddles! All the little details of the painting makes it look like rain when you look at it from far. In this painting I think there is a balance between light and dark. This painting has so much character and texture to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment